Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pain pain go away

Things that help bone pain: paracetemol (naughty naughty, ahh the doctors will never know), a hot bath (thanks Nick) and a walk up the mountains (who knew?)

Things that do not help bone pain: sitting around thinking about bone pain. So why is this what I'm doing right now?? Hmmmm

Having done my first Neulasta night - a thing that, for those of you are are not nearly important enough to spend most of your time reading about lymphoma treatments and visiting lymphoma forums, is very feared among lymphoma-ers - I think I probably got off lightly. Don't get me wrong, it was far from comfortable but not as bad as others seem to have gotten it. Then again, like everything else chemo related, every time seems to be different. This time though, I'd put it on a par with hangover achey limbs at the same time as flu achey limbs, growing pains and a gym session combined - not nice, but not unbearable pain. I've just read that back and can't believe what can become 'normal' and what I'm now willing to class as 'not that bad'!! Childbirth is going to be a breeze after all of this.

The moral of the story - never take painless bones for granted - there are A LOT of bones in your body. You never really think about how many until they all start hurting. Every day that you wake up and your bones don't hurt, be grateful.  I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Sona!
    Gunilla Butler here. We met at Phil and Ann's last summer when we were over the whole family from Sweden. We talked to Phil and Ann just the other day and heard about your illness and fight.I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you a lot, maybe especially me as I also have had cancer, although another kind. What I do know about your kind though is that your chances of complete recovery are very good.
    And I want to say; don't listen to other peoples' stories about their cancers. Every cancer form is different and every chemo treatment is different and also how you react to them. But even if you now feel that it takes longer to bounce back after the treatments, you will bounce back!You will feel all right again!
    Don't know if this would help, but I found that some things (smells, tastes, situations) are still in my mind linked to the chemo. So I avoided eating things that I really, really liked, so that later on that would not have any association with how I felt during the treatments. The same thing with my bed - when I felt bad I arranged to sleep somewhere else in the house, that way my bed and bedroom was not associated with bad, e g nausea, feelings, but a place for positive rest and recovery.
    Give our love to Nick and take care.

    ReplyDelete