Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kill Cancer Day number 2


Kill cancer day number 2 complete. That means I'm 2/12 done (1/6 that is - ahhhh fractions, making numbers seem smaller, I prefer 1/6). Overall it was the same as the first time. Lots of needles, lots of drips, lots of toilet trips.

Some great parts of today:
1. I didn't pull my IV out once or fill it with blood, this is a vast improvement on the walking disaster version of me last time.
2. I have been given the green light to go on short flights within the EU ( we're cleaner than the rest of you apparently) on my good weeks. Those of you in the UK and Italy prepare for a headscarved visitor :)
3. No mid way blood test this time meaning, unless I get sick, no more hospitals for me for 2 weeks
4. I am one chemo closer to the end
5. I got some super strength anti-sickness drugs in my IV so I might make it through today vomit free

Bad parts of today:
1. It took half an hour, 3 location attempts and a bowl of hot water before they could get a vein. The chances of me not having to have a port installed before the end of this are looking slimmer.
2. When my IV was removed I spurted blood everywhere. Not a nice sight.
3. I seem to be maintaining my steady weight gain at 1KG a week. Unbelievable. Steroids are not my friend. Now that I'm not working I'm going to have to get some serious exercise going.

Funny parts of today:
1. Nick pulling the lever on my recliner without me knowing, catapulting me into the IV of the woman sitting beside me
2. .... nah that's all I got, chemo is not very funny.

I got home, Nick (who took the day off today for chemo day) had hung the giant TV in the bedroom, already moved my bedside table contents to the en suite side in anticipation of my panic vomiting sessions (the fear of me throwing up on his gadgets has obviously left a lasting impression from last time), and arranged my medications, thermometer, water and an array of crackers. Got myself a saint here, a bearded saint.

Now its time to sleep it off, drink lots of water, take lots of tablets and fibre capsules and hope I'm recovered in time for the weekend. End of round 2. Ding ding ding ding. I'm definitely winning....

7 comments:

  1. Glad it went better then last week and hope you not hurting too much this evening and for rest of the week. Thinking of you and read your blog every day....inspirational is all I'll say. Niamh xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sona! You're quite a trooper! So proud of you sweetie! Will be thinking of you over the next few days Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited reading this. One sixth of the way through is huge. Theres a bed in the UK if you fancy showing your headscarves off to the sights of East London! Love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though you're doing great, would be brilliant if you could come over to visit, anytime you feel like it just come ( bring as many headscarves as you like).As for 'Saint Nicholas' Phil says ... "Well ,he takes after me doesn't he"!!!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had to get it from somewhere! X

      Delete
    2. Hi Sona My heart hit the floor when I heard. Our thoughts are with you and please god you have the strenght to fight.. From all your friends at El Paso....AnnraoĆ­

      Delete
  5. good luck, my prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete