Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fret not!

This is the latest time of day I've updated the blog in the month (tomorrow is the month birthday of the blog!) since I started it- I've had 3 texts and an email asking if I'm OK.... fret not virtual friends, I am alive and well. The reasons for the delay are that I've been out since 10am testing out my new 'do' out and about in society like a real live non-cancer person.

I was a bit worried waking up to my reflection would cause a shift in mindset and the baldness would 'sink in' leading to some sort of meltdown. Thankfully, I woke up still delighted it's been done. Last night was the fastest I've fallen asleep in at least 2 weeks. (I've been having a lot of trouble falling asleep. Once I'm asleep I can't wake up but I can't seem to make my mind settle enough to nod off. I'm starting to see why every fellow cancerer I speak to seem to be on sleeping tablets. Lets hope it doesn't come to this.) I think it was because I had no decisions to make, and wasn't 'waiting' for the hair to come out. In fact, I have enlisted a male short haired friend to lend me a hair clippers and tomorrow I will be going full monty on my head. It's still long enough to clog the shower drain when it comes out in bulk and I think Nick is fairly sick of having to unblock it. I'm more than happy to bid farewell to what's left.

I went into work today, I needed to get some things and wanted to see everyone anyway. Mistake. Seeing MY (that's right MY) work and projects changing and progressing without me, and mostly in ways I don't agree with, was upsetting. I took my things, milked a free lunch out of it and went on my merry way. Off to meet a friend I haven't seen in far too long. She apologised at the end for not talking about me and my current predicament enough - made me realise how nice it is to talk about something else! I do however find it difficult to think of anything else to talk about. It could be because cancer and everything surrounding it is so forefront in my mind. Or it could be because I'm doing nothing else at the moment and so have nothing else interesting to talk about. Either way, I was more than happy to listen for a while. She also gave me an awesome giant pillow. Another comfort to take to chemo, and use on the couch, and in bed, and in the car, and while walking Louie.... OK no, too far, but you get the point - it's versatile. Thanks for my awesome pillow :)

I am getting very good at having nothing interesting to say and still blabbing for a good three minutes of reading time. That's three minutes of your life you're never getting back.....

1 comment:

  1. At least you have an excuse now for waffling about nothing...what about all the other random chatter youve subjected us to!? Keep it coming... you'd be surprised how much we all wait for the next update.... hitting refresh again and again... we're jonesing...

    ReplyDelete