Thursday, May 3, 2012

My body is awesome

You hear that FHM? Sexiest woman alive has nothing on me, my body is amazing. Blood tests today revealed that my counts are actually better than before chemo 1, meaning I am healthy, not open to infection, recovered from poisoning number one. This is better news than it probably sounds to most non-cancerers (lucky bastards). It means my 'bounce-back-ability' is high, meaning the chance of infections throughout treatment thereby meaning delays in treatment are lower. I'm weirdly ecstatic. I am also weirdly proud of myself, as if I had anything to do with it. Chemo 2 will take place next Tuesday at 830am. Strange thing to be excited about but I am - I like progress :)

This was at my door when I got home. It's no baby elephant (private joke, I'm not losing it, yet), but yes, it did turn my already present smile into a giant grin. What a lovely thing to do. I promise to pay all this kindness forward when I'm better. Thanks Deedee xxxx

Tonight, I get a visit from my oldest bestest bud (who abandoned me years ago for sunnier lands) among other buds who are equally awesome. With my newly discovered amazing WBC count I may also go mad and venture into a crowded public place. Always been a daredevil. First however, I owe a bored puppy a walk and I have a large box of delicious rocky roads to tuck into (don't need chemo weight loss, we've already established my body is awesome, remember?). Good days and better days - this is great day.

8 comments:

  1. This is my favourite update.. Love it! Keep kicking ass Sona!! Mary Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you didnt even study!!!! great news buddy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Sona!

    Niamh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on Sona!!

    Your amazing, your blog is a piece of positivity i need!

    Triona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop! We knew you were a strong un ! :-)

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, and your kick ass counts are amazing.......keep up the good work Missie! CX

    ReplyDelete
  7. See......scoreboard going way up in your favour! Take that Pacman! xxx

    ReplyDelete