Friday, May 25, 2012

Goal accomplished

This time round, I wanted to make it out by lunchtime on chemo week Friday - I did it. I sheepishly made my way back to the couch 2 hours later but I still did it! Next time, the goal is go out somewhere on chemo week Thursday night. It's so easy to sit around feeling chemo'd for weeks. I'm going to try get myself to shorten the 'woe is me' time, a little at a time. It's the little things that make you feel like you're winning this battle.

My liaison nurse called to say that they are going to schedule my first scan for 2 weeks after my next chemo, means I have 4 more weeks to wait before I know if it's working. Apparently scanning too soon after a chemo session can distort the results. 4 weeks seems like a REALLY long time to wait. 5 more months seems like a REALLY long time to have left of chemo. But, as long as the end is really the end, I'm happy.

Overall, thats another session well and truly over, and now, once again, I have 10 days of freedom before I get hit again. JOY! Tonight, I get to relax, have a take away and watch a movie with my 2 favourite boys.


1 comment:

  1. Awh sounds like a good one, enjoy your lovely evening sweetie Xxx

    ReplyDelete