Sunday, May 27, 2012

A normal weekend

Well, mostly a normal weekend. Saw friends, saw family, walked dogs (well, one dog). First out-of-the-ordinary was the weather - for those of you outside Ireland we have just had our annual week of summer. For 3 glorios days we have been able to venture out wooly jumper-less. It's due to rain again by Wednesday.

Other 'out of the ordinary' was a bit less fortunate - I've finally succumbed to the horribleness that is chemo mouth sores. All down either side of my tongue and then down the back of it also. Urgh. Hurts to eat sweet, bitter and spicy foods. I've happily survived on prawn crackers and salad. Much much better today so I think my magical combo of listerine, salt water, dry salt, anti-fungal mouth gloop (this has been my least favourite cancer medication so far - marzipan flavour thick stuff with a phlegm consistency that I need to squirt into my mouth 4 times a day) and a lack of anything sugary or spicy seems to have done the trick. Hopefully.

I am definitely taking longer to bounce back this time round. Still very sleepy and a little nauseous which would have been long gone by Sunday night on chemo week on my first two treatments. I'm hoping it doesn't start pushing more and more into my good week. I'd hate to lose my lady of leisure time.

The hair is still coming out hard and fast. My bald patches are looking more like the norm than the exception. Other body hair is also started to fall. I'm praying that I get another few weeks out of my eyebrows. Things are going to get a lot more tricky once they go.

I love Sunday nights of non-chemo weeks. A whole nice week ahead. Great feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment