Friday, June 29, 2012

No to incanceration

It's so nice to be away. Cancer can make you feel a little imprisoned. Life becomes completely taken over by appointments, side effects, restrictions, medications, pain, sickness. Everything else eventually, no matter how determined you are that this won't happen, gets put on hold. I call this my 'in-cancer-ation'

This weekend, I'm breaking free. I went to an airport, got on a plane, got off the plane and into a car to my final destination. A place that has nothing but lovely connotations and is far removed from cancer life. I think it might be just the little boost of a break that I need at the moment. A reminder that life as usual can and will resume soon.

The trip (more specifically Lucy) also furnished me with a new arm sock to cover up/hold in place my arch nemesis - my PICC line. I swear it felt like I'd just been shopping and was sporting the latest designer outfit- I was so pleased by how much better it felt. Thank god for nurses and their car boots full of medical goodies. It's the little things that make me happy these days as you can see- my wants and needs really seem to have been stripped down to the bare basics of survival and ability to function! Nothing wrong with that I suppose. A reminder of everything I should have been, and will be again, grateful for.

Now, off to enjoy a yummy meal and a normal Friday night :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy, have fun and for God's sake be on your best behaviour.n

    ReplyDelete