Friday, June 15, 2012

Happiness is

A great, normal, cancer free day! Arm pain is subsiding, now nothing more than a dull ache that I can ignore.(for anyone who is reading this who may have the misfortune of suffering the joys of chemical phlebitis now or in the future- the pain lasted 5 days, could be reduced with OTC medicines and was greatly eased by heat. Always thinking of the cancer contingent among my readers!) I Visited my grandparents, cleaned the house (the cleaner is coming on Saturday and I can't let her see it dirty- true Irish style, clean before the cleaner arrives!) and than a yummy dinner with friends . What I am also noticing, is how much better I feel on my good days than I did before I started chemo. It's midnight and I'm still wide awake and full of energy, never would have happened a few months ago. I can't believe it took me so long realise I was so unwell for the last year or so. It's a great sign to me that the chemos working. PET scan on Monday should provide proof!

Tomorrow Im popping into work to have lunch (fat Friday lunch, who'd have thought it was a health company) with my wonderful family there who I miss every day. Can't wait to see them and moreso can't wait to get back to working with them. Then, Nick and I are heading to a nice hotel for the night . Louie is gone to his granny's until
Saturday, lucky pup, getting spoilt rotten. I can picture him now sitting on the couch being fanned and hand fed sausages while having his belly rubbed. All in all we're a happy pack of campers at the moment :) I get another 3 happy cancer free days too...

Finally, you will all be happy to know, my faithful blog readers that we've added a few new countries to our readership again this week, crazy that this is reaching so far around the world. So, welcome to the 4 people who visited from Serbia, the 19 (!!!!) from Russia and the 3 from China !

2 comments:

  1. Great post, great to hear you are doing so well! Enjoy the hotel...rob the robes! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Quinn TaylorJune 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

    Im the reader in China!

    ReplyDelete