Saturday, June 23, 2012

neupogen and an arm bandage :)

Amazing the difference a few hours can make - grumpy stressed post this morning to be ignored. I think what was really bothering me was the PICC line and the thought of self injecting my white blood cell boosters today. I have just done the injection and, now that one is done, the rest should be infinitely easier. I also am the proud owner of a giant stretchy bandage that covers the picc line sufficiently that it can't move, hurt, twist, swing or repulse me at the sheer sight of it. Now, except at shower times, I am just a person with a sprained elbow in bandage. That's much better than cancer patient with horrible long tube hanging out of her arm.

Went for a quick lunch pre-injection. I was very grumpy to begin with, as can be seen from this mornings 'post of gloom' but, by the end of it, despite one of the all round worst dining experiences we've ever had, I felt much better. My family and Nick are great. Have I said that before???

Now, we wait. Will the neupogen shot incur the same level of unbearable bone pain as the neulasta?? They have the same end effect, I'm just hoping different side effects. Time will tell. I have my zombifying pain killers at the ready.

We have also decided that I need a hair cut. My remaining hairs are sticking out in all directions and have actually gotten quite long. I look a bit crazy. Only Nick has to look at it, but I don't think he's liking what he sees. Time to get the razor out again. I am still amazed at how little I am bothered by the hair loss now. Once it was shaved I barely thought about it again. I wonder will I be saying that when the eyebrows are completely gone. Eyelashes are getting there...

Couple of hours to relax and then, bone pain permitting, out for a birthday BBQ celebration. Hopefully this won't be the last good day of this cycle. COME ON NO BONE PAIN!!!

1 comment: