Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Phlebitis

Phlebitis- Inflammation of veins, also the reason why I am considering amputating my own left arm. That fella in 127 hours has NOTHING on me. I'd gladly cut it off using a rusty butter knife if it would end the pain. It will just go away in a week or so, so what painkillers would you like in the meantime? None. I must be mad. I was offered any painkiller I wanted and I said none. Told her I'd just stick it out. No idea why. I think it's the fact that I'm already losing track of what's being pumped into me day and night and to add another one to the mix seems silly. Whether or not it's more silly than sitting around in pain considering self mutilation is debatable. I could always pop a couple of my neulasta bone pain pills and go to sleep for a couple of days I suppose. Naaah. Can't waste a relatively good day asleep. They're too precious. Tomorrow's a new day and I've a dinner date to look forward to! It is funny how much my perception of 'good day' has changed that I now consider a morning in an oncology ward and moderate-severe pain a good day. Ahhhh the life of a cancer patient.....

This is the most exciting thing that's happened in the last 24 hours - I received a photo of Louie wearing devil horns...


Ok who am I kidding, cancer or no cancer, this would always make me happy! Who needs painkillers...

2 comments:

  1. That is one cute puppy Sones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louie is a very cute pup! Love reading your blog, thinking of you lots. Keep smiling :-) lots of love, Vanessa. Xxx

    ReplyDelete