Friday, June 22, 2012

Complete Remission!!!

In the words of the oncologist, I have just won the cancer lottery. My PET/CT shows that I am in complete remission with no evidence of disease 2 months earlier than expected. She just wants to clear it with my head consultant but it looks like I'll have to do a few more 'mop up' chemos to make sure there are no more danger cells lurking that were too small for the scan to pick up and I'll be done at the end of next month.

This means a) obviously, I am responsive to treatment which was the biggest concern b) I am HIGHLY responsive to treatment given how fast it was killed which puts me in the category of people who are least likely to relapse in the future. This is certainly not to say I wont relapse, but I have a good shot at never having pacman rear his ugly yellow head again.

I am torn between feelings of relief, shock, joy, fear.. I don't know. I'm numb. It'll sink in eventually. I think I need a lie down.....

It's not over yet, but the finish line just got moved infinitely closer. Relief is.....

9 comments:

  1. Oh Sona! What an absolute relief! Oh I'm so happy for you! Shedding a tear or two of joy here. Yeay! Monsieur Le Pac, you were a worthy opponent but absolutely no match for our Sona! Whoop! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Sona! Always 100% in everything you do! Im so proud of you and so so happy to hear the brilliant news! We'll Help you celebrate tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant News!! So very happy for you Sona and everyone you know is HAPPY too. With love Paula XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET IN THERE (fist pump)!!!

    So so happy for you!

    Your unshakeable grace, courage, and humour has been nothing short of awesome!

    All my love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News, Dont know you but heard all about you from Sinead.Thats very good news indeed very best wishes for a full recovery back to full health..Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Fantastic News :) .... Brightened up a rainy day! You may have just managed to persuade the sun to come out and celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just shed a tear... I don't know you or you me but I have been following your blog... and you have no idea how much you made me appreciate my life and everything in it Absolutley delighted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sona what brill news,ill continue my prayer to edel quinn as it is working with the chemo .xxxxliz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sona, you made me very happy this morning,(really happy)
    Congratulation on your victory of the battle.
    Now go out and celebrate.
    Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete