Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Picc line

My tube is in. It took a weird amount of people and some pretty massive machinery. Feels strange, achey. I hope this is just coz it's new and not the way it's going to feel from now on. I do know I'm going to HATE this in a couple of days though and until it's out of my arm at the END OF SEPTEMBER !! The next 3-4 months just got even longer sounding if that's possible. I have no idea how I'm going to go about life with this dangling out of my arm! I'll post a pic tomorrow when I'm not sitting in such a public place :)

Other bad news, in an attempt to avoid the agonising neulasta bone pain causing injection of last time, I now have daily injections. They start 4 days from now. Better clear a full day in my calendar for number one and two, half a day for 3 and 4 and then see how scared I still am of self-injecting. Fun little experiment.

I'm now sitting in the hospital coffee shop waiting for my blood counts to be reported to them to make sure I'm fit for chemo. 4 hours from now I'll be 5 down. 7 to go.

Edit- 1145am, more bad news. My platelets are too high (???!!) and so I now have to stay on aspirin and am not allowed to fly. There goes my UK trip next weekend. It just gets better and better...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Monsieur Le Pac is taking the piss Sones, that little effer! But he'll get his! Then it'll be curtains, and he will be no more. Love u hun Xxx

    ReplyDelete