Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Naughty naughty

My white blood cell count was good yesterday and my platelets back to normal so I'm going to risk the forbidden trip to England. As if that wasnt 'naughty cancer patient' enough I've decided not to take my final injection as prescribed. My counts are high and the bone pain was beginning and I take this to mean its not needed. I may regret this ballsy-ness. Watch this space.

So, this weekend I get a little mini break. Ok so I'll still pop pills, wrap my arm up in a giant sock, sleep 15 hours a day but I'll be doing it all somewhere other than home which makes it better. It'll be just the boost I need to get me through another month.

On the subject of another month, I'm coming to terms with the treatment reduction. Nonetheless I've got myself an appointment to discuss it in person with the head consultant on Monday so I'm hoping he can convince me 100% that it's safe and not paramount to suicide. If he manages this, I have 3 more chemos, the last of which will be july 31st. Very doable. By August 31st I'll be feeling well, 2 months earlier than planned. Nice.

In other news nick has just bought a drum kit and so, after the weekend I will be seeking alternative lodgings. If anyone would like to house a cranky, messy cancer patient feel free to get in touch...

2 comments:

  1. Discuss all your concerns ,it is your life ,you have been thru the worse i hope and wish u grt post cancer lifexxxliz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love you house you in mine and let you use all my long socks... but alas... us London dwellers are too manky and are basically a no-fly zone for any chemo'd visitors! haha. Ill see what I can do along the lines of a spring clean... Ill get onto Boris.... xxx

    ReplyDelete