Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sona 1, Chemo 0

Well, shockingly enough, since the last post (which was done in the five minutes of nausea relief post vomit) I have been fine. A little queasy feeling but nowhere near the same level. Looks like the anti-sickness drugs they gave me do work IF I manage to keep them down long enough to take effect. I had a very unexpected and restful nights sleep....JOY!!

I'm awake now and about to do my morning shower routine, with trepidation. At this second I don't feel sick, nothing hurts, I'm a little sleepy but I've never been one of those people whose eyes pop open and they're up like a spring in the mornings (you know who you are) so that's normal. I just feel a little off, like the beginnings of a flu. Kind of fuzzy (although that could be the not shaving for 2 weeks). We all know though (from hangovers or otherwise) that feeling of 'Oooo I think I got away with it, I'll just stand up now and oh...no....urgh....back to bed'. I'm literally scared to move in case it comes back!!

In my chemo fear I had decided to take this whole week off work. Its 840am on Wednesday and I'm wishing I was going to work. That however would be pure Sona silliness and so I'm going to put on my new comfies (thanks lob), go downstairs, get some cheerios, cover myself in my new blankie (thanks oof), watch daytime tv and pop an ungodly amount of pills. Maybe I'll try work tomorrow. For now though, I'm going to lie as still as possible in case that scoreboard title I have potentially jinxed myself with does a little switcharoo.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sona...assuming that Nick is at work...surely its time to switch the bedside cabinets back and reclaim 'your' side of the bed!!!!Glad you had a decent nights sleep..speak to you soon....Phil xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of fuzzy (although that could be the not shaving for 2 weeks)....LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sona, seriously don't know where you're getting the energy or the wit for these posts! YOur attitude is amazing.....that scoreboard can only go waaaaaaay up in your favour!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You leave that work where it is young lady! You job at the moment is doing some serious ninja moves on one said Me. Pacmans! Xxx

    ReplyDelete