Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another day

13 hours sleep and a total lack of food for 24 hours coupled with many-a-antisickness tablet seems to have done the trick on the nausea front, although I thought the same thing at this time yesterday so don't want to count my chickens.

The weirdest thing about today is that my neck hurts. Not pacman, but his right side counterpart. This is the first time anything has hurt since that first A+E day a month and a half ago (wow, just hope the next 6 months goes equally fast). I like to think this pain is being caused by cancer cells dissolving. Die little cancer cells! Either that or I slept on it funny. Naaah, lets go with dying cancer cells. I could do with a heartening boost.

I didn't go to work again today. I'm going to try to get out at some point though and get some air. Just a little walk around. So far not loving life as a chemo patient I have to admit. I find myself getting jealous of people on tv - THEY obviously don't feel this rubbish. The scariest part is I know it's getting worse before it gets better. I think the sitting around feeling sick is getting to me, I need to get my mind back in the zone. Have cirque du soleil tomorrow night - bought the tickets in December, I'm going!! The feeling sorry for myself vicious cycle stops now.

3 comments:

  1. Deirdre (Bestwall)April 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM

    Sona I have just spent the last few hours reading your blog. It is uplifting, courageous,entertaining and so practical. I think you could have a new career in publishing. Keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're doing so well. keep positive and enjoy cirque tomorrow! love the tip about pubes! made me chuckle and a little bit sick in my mouth - thought of old lady pubes... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sona I'm in Sydney with your friend Jenny and she told me all about your blog. I'm totally hooked!! You'll have to keep up the writing - I spent a whole afternoon in work tearing up and snorting with laughter at different times!
    Well done for doing so well and staying so positive. You're so inspirational to the rest of us. Enjoy Cirque tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete