Thursday, April 19, 2012

Round and round it goes

What if, when, why, how, what if, when, why, how..... They said chemo would cause insomnia but can someone please tell my brain that chemo hasn't started yet? The little mice working the controls in my brain seem to have taken speed, I can't shut down. I'm so tired! Going through the alphabet listing a boys name for each letter then a girls name for each letter helps (got this rather strange idea from the blog of a colorectal cancer survivor!). Until I get to girls letter Q- can never think of one and then it's back to what if, when, why, how. If someone can think of a female name beginning with Q please pass it on, you may just save my life. For the moment I'll continue to skip it.

Some more preparation I have been forgetting- dentist trip pre chemo seems to be an absolute must. Any 'about to happen' opportunistic nasties need to be nipped in the bud before they get the chance to gain advantage on my non immune system. I'll get on the case.

Must raid work for a supplement supply. In a strange crystal ball moment I brought out two new products in February( a month before pacman reared his swollen head) - a fibre capsule and a ginger capsule for nausea. Given that my greatest chemo side effects (bar obvious egg-head look, that coupled with my triple sized neck is going to put humpty dumpty to shame) are going to be gastrointestinal I am left with no choice but to assume I have the power to see the future. I will charge only a modest fee to those who wish to avail of this power.

Enough rambling... Aaron, Benjamin , Carl, Daniel .....

7 comments:

  1. How about Quinn? Queenie??? Here's a good one - Quaneisha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a French exchange when I was 12 whose name was Questa (it means the searcher). I always was thought that was a really beautiful name for a girl! It has a lovely energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queta...means woman of the house...so I googled it whatever I doubt Claire knew Quaneisha!!! (which by the way was on the same list..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick's cousin Andrew who lives in Vietnam has a wife named Quynn (pronounced kwin) incidently their twins are one year old today !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at a basketball match recently and there was an American girl there called Queen... How's that grab you??

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to sleep: listen to the XX album, read Anne of Green Gables,check out bored.com they have some good tips...befriend a fly, practice phrasing your answers in the form of a question like on Jeopardy, find typos on web sites and email the web masters to let them know! That should keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete