Friday, July 6, 2012

Things I wish I had

1. Energy. Not 'run a marathon' energy although I wouldn't say no. Simple 'get out of bed' energy would do. I just can't seem to muster it. It's a weird feeling to be lying down and have so many reasons to want to stand up - need to pee, starving, dog needs to go out and you just can't do it. Not even having been lying there for 13 hours.

2. A perfectly functioning gastro-intestinal system. No nausea, no constipation/diarrhea roller coaster, no cramps, hiccups, indigestion, heartburn, burping or, what seem to be the never ending hiccup/burp combos (herps as Nick calls them) which are a huge hiccups followed immediately followed by a large burp whether you've eaten or not.

3. A tongue that didn't hurt. Free from all blisters, raw patches and other equally annoying tongue ailments.

4. Eyelashes. I can't go 5 minutes without something getting in my eye. It really drives you crazy after the first 4 days of it. Come on eyebrows, hang on for just 4 more weeks. 

It's been another relatively rough few days, nausea is definitely lingering longer than it used to. Hopefully tomorrow I will emerge from the fog and, touch wood, have 9 good days before the next hit. Got a celebratory dinner and concert this weekend so I need to wake up. Also I think if I don't start taking Louie for some pretty damn good walks soon I'll never be forgiven.

How simple are these requests? Not too much to ask surely? Be grateful for the little things, one day you wake up and realise they were actually the big things.

2 comments:

  1. not too long more and those normal things will be back sona so keep fighting,look forward to seeing you soon.lizxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sona your great

    ReplyDelete