Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fat fat fat

Weight gain another 2.5kg since last time. Keeps my average at 3lbs a week. This is getting seriously out of hand. How is it even possible? I had a dream last night that Nick came home with a bag of new pairs of leggings and some sort of moo-moo and said 'it's because nothing else fits you anymore'. Next ill need a dialling wand for my phone.

So, herein lies proof that for any of you diagnosed with cancer and you have that 'silver lining' thought of well at least some of this extra weight will fall off- that no, you in fact almost double your body weight in the space of a few months. Losing all this is going to be a harder battle than the cancer was. As if I didn't have enough to do. 3 more weeks til I join that gym. Wonder if I'll even be able to fit through the doors by then.

Anyway, here I sit, waiting for my poison to be wheeled in. Fun times.

5 comments:

  1. Sona you'll work that weigh off in no time your so positive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, love your blog and hope the doctor eased your mind about the lump. Just fyi, not all chemo comes with weight gain. The weight gain is caused by the Dexamethasone, which is the steroid they give you with ABDV. I think it's for the control of nausea but of course it will make you more sleepless and maybe anxious as well, which you certainly don't need as you fight cancer. I think you can request that the steroid be held (it's optional actually) but you have been susceptible to nausea so maybe it's worth the weight gain. Good luck and keep writing. You help others with their journey by doing so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, they upped my steroids after treatment number one to help with my vomiting. It does also cause sleeplessness, palpitations and shortness of breath( like anxiousness). I decided to write the 'fat' post as I had just been talking in a group with 3 women with breast,colon and lung cancer respectively. All but the colon cancer lady had packed on weight from the steroids but she was superwoman and had been at the gym DAILY during nearly 6 months of chemo. I would give anything to be like her- my new hero :)

      Delete
  3. Not fat....PHAT...... Pretty Hot And Thick... I'm sure I learned that from Mo'nique....... the actress, not our Mo!! Karen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh the land of the African-American man where 'thick' is a compliment :) love it...

      Delete