Friday, July 13, 2012

Grim? Naaaaah

Someone mentioned to me today (in a caring, not a criticising way) that my posts of late have been 'pretty grim' in comparison to my earlier posts leading them to believe I was in a bad way. I was quite surprised by this as I've been feeling better this week than I have in a while and, with the end in sight, have been happily planning my life post cancer. I read back over the last couple of week's posts and have to agree - I've gotten pretty moany! I'm not sure why, as, like I said, I'm doing great!

This week has been more or less symptomless (or asymptomatic if I'm being fancy) and, in exactly 17 days, I will be having MY LAST CHEMO!!! How amazing is that? I even decided on my 'no more chemo' dance while visiting my amazing work family today. It will be a combination of the one legged ass wiggle I used to celebrate my recovery from the painful bone marrow biopsy and the the head spin that happened a couple of times a day to celebrate the fact that I could turn my head all the way around after my first chemo and pacman began his hasty retreat. I will of course upload a video of this hilarious spectacle for all to see.

In the meantime, in apology for my dreary posts of chemo symptom complaints I will include a photo of how hilarious my head now looks. Fluffy and thin. I also have to admit, Nick was right - my nose really is huge. Bald and from above is not my best look. Well, with an extra couple of stone and no hair I'm not sure any look is my best look at the moment. Nonetheless, enjoy.....


Still, for having had 3 months of chemo I'm doing OK hair and eyebrow-wise. If it can just hang on a little bit more I'll be a very happy camper. Few months from now I'll have a nice pixie cut, no flakey skin, fewer excess fat rolls and all my lovely eyelashes back (a very good friend having seen me for the first time in a couple of months last night said 'awwww, your eyelashes, now they look like a normal person's eyelashes'!) . I'll be fighting them off with a stick. Watch out Nick, you better be on your best behaviour. I also will be able to turn my kitchen, bedroom and bathroom back into lovely house instead of cancer house. My kitchen is full of disinfectants, hand sanitisers, a 'hazardous materials' bucket for my empty syringes and my fridge full of full ones. This is my bedside table in it's current state, sexy eh? This is about 1/4 of the drugs I currently possess, most of which i refuse to take. I'm a rebel me.


Anywho, tonight Nick and I are having a nice night in. Got a couple of activities lined up for the weekend. Whatever I do, with chemo on Tuesday, the weekend will go far too fast. Not that I care this time, the faster the better. Let's get number 7 over with so I can get cracking on magic number 8. Now, something tells me someone wants a walk.....



Happy Friday to all! xx

2 comments:

  1. Good to read your blog amazing lady. So looking forward to meeting you soon. Have a great weekend Sona with love Paula & Family Devon England (very wet) thinking the sun will be shining for you after 17 days and your final chemo is over XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "I'm finished chemo" dance sounds so much better than my head bob version of dancing. So awesome!!!!!

    I pretty much laughed out loud when I saw your nightstand full of drugs. They really do start to pile up, don't they? When I started needing more than one hand to count how many drugs I needed I was like, "yikes, when did I turn into an old person"...I think at the time I was still sporting a come-over too (hadn't gone for the bald look yet) so I even looked like an old man. hahahaha.

    I was glad to hear that you booked a post-treatment vacation. You definitely deserve one!! And when you get to the point where you can actually see the end (and past the end) it is definitely the most wonderful feeling (even if by that point chemo has you beat down pretty hardcore). The only feeling that is better is when you actually make it to end! You're going to be there soon. I feel pretty freaking excited for you! xx :D

    ReplyDelete