Thursday, July 19, 2012

chemo number 7

Firstly, one left one left one left one left :) :)

Chemo 7 seems to have been easier on the nausea front, in fact it's been fairly manageable this time. What has kicked my ass is some sort of indigestion/heartburn. Like I REALLY need to burp. Figures, I've spent the last 3 months complaining about the hiccups and burps and then all air movement stops making my life hell. Bring back the burps. I miss the burps. Poor Nick spent about half an hour 'burping' me last night to no avail. I swear I have no idea how he hasn't left me yet.

GREAT news on the fertility front - too much info warning- mother nature has paid a visit to tell me that my reproductive system is still in full function. Given that I only have 1 left (one left, one left, one left!!!) I'm getting hopeful that I have managed to dodge the infertility bullet which would be a fairly massive relief.

On the 'lump' that popped up over the weekend.... I had a new doctor (my doctor is mysteriously gone with no warning, not HUGELY confidence inspiring) who had no idea about my history feel it and she said that it's probably scar tissue. I'm not entirely convinced but I'm going to try to put it out of my mind until I have my post treatment appointment with my head heamatologist in just over 3 weeks. Can you believe in 3 weeks I'll be having my POST TREATMENT APPOINTMENT?? Let's just hope it really is the end of treatment. I could really do with this being over now. I want my life and my body back.

Now, the usual pattern, another day or two of fogginess and by Saturday I'll be at a decent level of functioning. So, I just wait. For the second last time.

2 comments:

  1. While you're waiting start planning the post treatment hurrah!! one left one left one left woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One left, one left!! Fertility looking good!! Woo Hoo, let the good times roll!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete