Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hair update

You'd be surprised how many people ask about this. Hair. Along with 'when can you start drinking again'. I'm not as surprised by the hair one as I am about people's fascination with me not drinking. I never really drank a whole lot before so it doesn't bother me. Also, do 5 months of chemo and see if YOU feel like pouring alcohol into your already sore mouth and queasy stomach. No thanks.

Anyway, all body hair completely gone. Very few random lower leg stragglers but aside from that it's bald as a baby. Actually, fairly sure I had MORE body hair than this when I was a baby (thanks Dad and your 'amazing hair covered human' genes). Eyelashes - I'm hanging onto my last ten or so for a couple of months now. Can't decide would I look more weird or less weird without them at this stage. Eyeliner helps make me look less like a snake. Eyebrows- need to be drawn on daily to make the few remaining hairs look dark and eyebrowlike. Head - I'd say I have 10% of my hair in patches, 0% in other patches. I am now sporting a very fashionable and stylish receding hairline look with some remaining fluff at the top and back of my head. Not a good look. For weeks now I've been torn between the idea of shaving off the remaining fuzz or just leaving it. I've gone with just leaving it. Not sure why. Maybe just so it can stick out and make me look insane. Who knows. But poor Nick. Wow. For those of you who are not fortunate enough to see it daily, here's my noggin post 9 chemo sessions over almost 5 months. A big smile both distracts from, and adds to, the hilarity of the baldness I find....






So there ya go, all you hair wonderers - that's what it's like.

Alcohol wonderers - no I still don't drink more than an odd glass of wine every week or so with dinner, I'm sure I could drink more if I wanted to but I don't and who knows if I ever will again!

Halfway through another good week. 4 days from another bad week. 6 days from chemo #10. 4 weeks and 6 days from magic #12. Ok I'll stop now, I'm even boring myself with these continual countdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment