Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chemo #9

Blood drawn, I've been stabbed, sterilised, weighed and groped. Having a cup of tea and it's chemo time!

Good news:

1.I've put on no more weight (just the 30lbs then, that's GREAT- sarcastic interlude to the good news section)

2. mr head haematologist finished a conversation with 'you'll be fine'- a rare moment of hopeful sentiment which many people who have had a lot of interaction with medical professionals is on a par with spotting a pink toucan in the hospital costa coffee in terms of rareness.

3. The cause of my dead 2 fingers is unlikely to be neuropathy and my chemo doses can continue as usual

4. They can feel no lumps at all in my neck - no enlarged lymph nodes

5. There is no bad news, even rarer than the encouraging doc and the pink toucan combined.

4 hours from now I'll be 9 down and home for recovery. Today also makes 6 weeks to my final chemo - magic number 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment